Saturday 28 February 2015

My last week of work





 So, after three and a half years working for Shane I finished my fourth contract and I decided to leave. I started work when there were only three teachers and four classrooms. When I finished working we had moved schools, had over 600 students, ten classrooms and nine teachers. The school has changed so much that flicking through the pictures from nearly four years ago and it was like looking at a different job. I loved my job and taught some amazing kids and worked with some brilliant people. However I am ready for a change and really looking forward to the next part of my Kunming adventure. I am going back to school and studying Chinese full time.

My last week was a huge ego boost, kids looking all sad all over the place and telling me that I was their favourite teacher (I didn't always believe them but it was nice to hear). I was given hundreds of gifts, most of them were not amazing but I was also given some beautiful presents, including a Jade necklace, some pictures, loads of tea, jewellery, stationary and a few dinners.

 The school took us out for a dinner which was a bust but was always going to be. We ended up with a Chinese table and a foreigners table and they refused to mingle. Never mind the food was amazing and on the school.

 Next stop is Chinese class for at least the near future. I will see how i feel in a few months.




No comments:

Post a Comment